Welcome to Middle8Reviews.com!
Middle8reviews is home to impartial reviews for guitars and guitar gear. We focus on gear for the hobbyist or amateur guitar player. You won’t find many reviews of $3,000 guitars and amps here. That stuff is for the pros, who know what they want and where to get it.
What you will find are reviews for the rest of us.
Electric guitars for beginners, acoustic guitars for the non-professional and plenty of guitar gear reviews make up the bulk of reading material here at Middle8Reviews.com.
Here’s a sample of the reviews you’ll find here:
- Looking for gift ideas for the guitarist in your life? Or maybe you’re looking for ideas to put on your gift list. Either way, here’s my list of the Best Gift Ideas for Guitar Players in the under $25, $50 and $100 price ranges.
- 10 Great and Inexpensive Acoustic Guitars for Beginners. – This is an excellent resource for finding an acoustic guitar to start your journey, without breaking the bank. (Most models are less than $400, but play very well)
- Top 10 Electric Guitars for Beginners Under $300. Modern guitar manufacturers are making some great quality electric guitars for great prices. Here’s a review of a good sampling of style available for less than $300.
- Top 12 Low Watt Tube Amps For Under $500. Low watt tube amps are an awesome way to get pure tube tone in your bedroom, dorm room, or where ever you don’t want window shattering volume. This list is the 12 best low watt tube amps on the market today.
- 7 Great Blues Amps for Guitar for Under $1000. Here are 7 amps that have what it takes to make for great blues amps.
- The Best Distortion Pedals for Under $50 This list is proof you don’t have to spend $150 for a good distortion pedal!
- The Best Overdrive Pedals for Under $50. Overdrive is one of those bread-and-butter effects pedal. This is a list of the best for less than $50!
- The Best Compressor/Sustainer Pedals For Under $50. This list is a must for anyone interested in playing the blues, but can’t (or won’t) drop $200 on a compressor or sustainer pedal.
- The Best Delay / Echo Pedals For Under $50 – essential for old school rock, rockabilly and country players.
- 6 Best Effects Pedals For Beginners (Under $50). – the best of the best (from the lists above) and some of the rest, like Equalizers and Chorus pedals.
- Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 – 20 Watt Amplifier, a New Kind of Modeling Amp The Peavey Vypyr VIP caught our attention because it’s a unique kind of modeling amp – it models instruments instead of amplifiers. You can make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic guitar or a bass guitar. This is really cool for recording!
- Cigar Box Amplifiers. This is one of those fun and funky reviews we do from time to time. Cigar box amplifiers are just a fun idea, and make for a unique – and functional- conversation piece or gift.
- If you’re a camper, then be sure to check out my list of 6 of the Best Acoustic Guitars for Camping today (and each one is less than $300!).