This review of the Peavey Raptor Backstage II Electric Guitar and Amp Value Pack is broken down into 3 main parts: peavey raptor backstage pack, the Backstage amp, and the Raptor guitar itself.
The Peavey Raptor is a good, basic but versatile guitar. Excellent for beginners with a tight budget.
Peavey Raptor Backstage Pack
The Raptor Backstage II Pack is an excellent way to start an aspiring guitarist on the right path. Not only does this guitar pack include everything needed to start playing electric guitar, but it also includes the Total Musician Series™ instructional DVD to help kick-start beginners.
- Raptor® Plus EX guitar
- Transtube® Backstage® amp
- nylon gig bag
- digital tuner
- extra strings
(and of course, the Total Musician Series™ instructional DVD )
Peavey Backstage Amp
Peavey’s Backstage amp is a 10-watt, solid state amp that uses their patented TransTube technology to emulate the sound, warmth and “push back” of tube amplifiers. The Backstage also includes a separate input for jamming along to your favorite tracks on CD or mp3 player and a headphone input so you don’t disturb the neighbors.
- 6″ custom-designed speaker
- TransTube® preamp with 2 switchable channels
- Volume and TransTube Overdrive controls
- 2-band (hi -low) EQ
- Tape/CD input for practice
- Headphone jack
- 10W (RMS)
Peavey Raptor® Plus EX electric guitar
Peavey’s Raptor® Plus EX electric guitar is a 25-1/2″ scale solid body guitar that’s well constructed and comfortable to play.
- Dual-expanding truss rod with wrenchless, easy access adjustment wheel
- 3 pickups – 1 Humbucker, and 2 single coil (HSS) configuration
- Tremolo bridge
- Master volume and tone controls
- 5-way pickup selector, hum canceling in second and fourth position
- Dual action torsion rod
- The HSS pickup configuration provides for extra versatility in tone.
Here’s an example of the Raptor sound during the solo of the Beatles’ Let It Be, so you can see what it’s capable of: